I keep thinking I want to be more regular in posting here. I compose posts in my head all the time. They just never make it into the computer. The last few months have been a bit rough. I've left the yarn shop--just not the right place for me to be right now.
So, today I'm up extra early (can't sleep), and while I don't have a crafty post ready, I thought I'd do that meme that's currently racing around blogland.
1. What was I doing ten years ago? I was enjoying my last summer before developing fibromyalgia--too bad I didn't realize it then. I was starting my last career-track job, a communications director at a small (very small) non-profit, before discovering I was too ill for stressful work. I was preparing to be a bridesmaid in a wedding. It was one of those new-fangled internet meetings, and I was very concerned for the bride, one of my best friends. They are still together--the groom is my friend in the Darth Vader costume from a while back. DH and I were househunting for our first house, where I have now lived longer than anywhere else. Come to think of it, that was a pretty important year!
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)? Well, today's actually a weekend day for me (DH works Sunday-Thursday, and I've taken on his schedule). My to-do lists on weekends are either crazy or non-existent. Today it's non-existent. DH and I are planning to go see the new Narnia movie. Ummm.... I think that's it. Neener.
3. Snacks I enjoy. Anything with frosting. Seriously, you could just about put frosting on a dead bug and I'd eat it. Okay, maybe not. Maybe I'd just pick the bug out. Other than that? Chocolate, especially dark chocolate. Popcorn. Cashews. Chex snack mix.
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire. Have a dream house built, one with a sewing studio for me and a big office/den space for DH. I'm not working, but DH would retire early. Put a bunch of money aside for my nephew's college fund. My parents have got to be about to retire, but I haven't heard a peep out of them, so provide them whatever funding they'd need to retire now. Travel, taking family with me. Send my parents on a trip of their own, just the two of them. Donate a lot of money to fibromyalgia research. Fund a no-kill animal shelter.
5. Places I have lived. Milwaukee, The Dalles, Eugene, Coos Bay and Newport, all in Oregon; and Tacoma and Lakewood, both in Washington (state). I also spent 3 1/2 months in London in college, does that count?
6. Jobs I've had. Oh, boy. Summer camp counselor. McDonald's worker. Barrista at my college cafeteria. Yarn/needlework store clerk. Other retail. Office temp. Office assistant. Communications director. File clerk.